Products - IPBind
Patch for FWTK 2.1
The IPBind patch allows the Firewall Toolkit proxies to intelligently make use of the multiple network interfaces that almost certainly exist in application-proxy firewalls.
The current version is 1.2 which was released June 23, 1999.
The following changes are introduced:
- -daemon command line option extension. Previously, the -daemon
command line option took one argument - a port number or service
name. This patch changes the argument so that it can be of one
of the following forms:
- -name command line option. In order to accommodate the multiple instances of each proxy that can be executing simultaneously, this option, which requires one argument, describes which tag to use when performing lookups against the netperm-table file.
- Some cleaning up of command-line error messages has been thrown in to provide some more consistent logging. Specifically, all errors relating to command-line arguments have been prefaced with the text "fwtkusageerr". In the past, some log messages had "fwtkusageerr", some had "fwtkcfgerr", and some had no indicative leading text.
- The plug-gw proxy now has an additional netperm-table option of '-connect-from' which specifies the local IP address to use for outgoing connections.
- The auth-srv, ftp-gw, http-gw, rlogin-gw, and tn-gw proxies now have an additional netperm-table command of 'local-ip' which specifies the local IP address to use for outgoing connections.
This patch has been tested and verified on the following systems:
- Solaris 2.5.1 (sparc)
- Solaris 2.5 (x86)